Boundaries for Leaders: Results, Relationships, and Being Ridiculously in Charge
by Henry Cloud
In Boundaries for Leaders, Henry Cloud gives leaders the tools and techniques they need to achieve the performance they desire – in their organisations and in themselves. Drawing on the latest findings from neuroscience, he shows why it’s critical for leaders to set the conditions that make people’s brains perform at their highest levels. How do great leaders do this? One way is through the creation of “boundaries” – structures that determine what will exist and what will not.
Here you will learn seven leadership boundaries that set the stage, tone, and culture for a results-driven organisation, including how to:
- help people focus their attention on the things that matter most
- build the emotional climate that drives brain functioning
- facilitate connections that boost energy and momentum
- create organisational thought patterns that limit negativity and helplessness
- identify paths for people to take control of the activities that drive results
- create high-performance teams organised around the behaviours that drive results
- lead yourself in a manner that protects the vision.
The strong call to action in this book is that leaders are ridiculously in charge of all these elements, and they must own what they either create or allow to exist.
Filled with inspiring and practical examples from the author’s coaching practice, Boundaries for Leaders is essential reading for everyone who aspires to lead companies, teams and cultures defined by high performance and healthy relationships.