Terry Irwin to sit on 2011 WOW! Awards judging panel – October 2011
Terry Irwin, Managing Director and CEO of TCii, has again been invited to sit on the judging panel for the annual WOW! Awards. These awards recognise the UK’s best customer service providers, and all the organisations or individuals in the running have been nominated by customers.
Shortlisted finalists in a number of categories will make personal presentations on 4 and 5 October to an independent panel of expert judges drawn from some of the UK’s leading customer service professionals, consultants and sponsor representatives.
This year’s judging panel includes directors and other senior personnel from organisations such as Veolia Water, Bovis Homes, Groupama, the Chartered Quality Institute, Boots, Orange and T-Mobile, Starbucks and the NHS.
Terry will be judging the following categories:
1. WOW! What a Team. This award goes to the centre or department that has demonstrated the greatest commitment to customer service – in particular, showing initiative, creativity and innovation.
The judges will be looking for evidence of how the team exceeded customer expectations, excelled in customer service, shared ideas and best practice and shone while working together, and how their customer is at the heart of everything they do.
This year’s finalists are:
- Saxon Pool & Leisure Centre – Stevenage Leisure Limited
- Department of Nuclear Medicine – Medway NHS Foundation Trust
- West Wickham – Mytime Active
- Children’s Services – Warwickshire County Council
- ITU Team – Basingstoke & Hampshire NHS Foundation Trust
2. OWW! To WOW! These finalists have been chosen because the team or individual has demonstrated a positive attitude to complaints, both in handling complaints and in advising future action to reduce further incidents.
The judges will look at how the contenders handle complaints and the procedures they follow; how they go the extra mile to make sure unhappy customers become satisfied, and evidence of customer retention or increased customer volumes.
The 2011 finalists in this category are:
- The Chapel
- Scottish Power
The award-winners’ achievements will be celebrated at a gala presentation ceremony on 8 November 2011 at the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.