TCii to co-present seminar on growing your business – 22 October 2015
TCii Managing Director Terry Irwin will be one of the two main speakers at an event entitled “Growing Your Business through Mentoring and Networking”, to be held in London on Thursday 22 October 2015.
Business mentoring can help company directors and senior executives to enhance both their own performance and that of their organisation. It targets the personal development of people who are well versed in their fundamental technical skills but need extra assistance in other skills areas, expertise or knowledge. Specific benefits include:
- rapid and efficient achievement of objectives
- identification and removal of bottlenecks and other obstacles
- greater awareness of alternative options
- easier management of change
- increased creativity and flexibility of thinking
- enhanced sense of control and satisfaction.
Our MD Terry Irwin, who is a highly experienced and much sought-after business mentor, will cover topics such as:
- the role of the business mentor
- the value of mentoring to the organisation
- what makes a good mentee
- agenda for the first meeting between mentor and mentee
- what the mentoring contract should cover
- questions that mentees need to ask themselves
- how to prepare for a mentoring partnership
- how to view mentoring, what it costs, and how long it takes
- case studies.
Networking can be a highly effective way of winning new business. But executives often doubt its value – feeling they are paying for an event, turning up, but seeing no results. So how can you get true value from your networking opportunities? Joanna Gaudoin, image expert and owner of corporate image consultancy Inside Out, will be speaking on one of her specialist areas: how to network successfully to grow your business. Joanna will look at:
- what networking really is and why it’s an important part of your marketing strategy
- how to prepare for an event to get the most out of it
- the skills you need to navigate the event positively
- how to make sure you leave with more than just a pile of business cards.
Owner-directors, business development directors and partners who attend this seminar will gain crucial insights into two hot topics:
- how business mentoring can help you develop your professional expertise and career while raising the performance of your organisation
- how to network with greater skill and confidence, so that you build the valuable relationships that will take your business to new heights.
Bring your questions along
The seminar will be run as a presentation and interactive discussion, and delegates will have ample opportunity to participate and to have specific issues and questions dealt with.
The event is being organised collaboratively by strategy specialists TCii, corporate image consultancy Inside Out, and Metro Bank, which will be hosting the event at its Kensington branch.
Invitations will be sent out in September, but if you have not received one by Friday 18 September and you would like to attend, please contact TCii or call Terry Irwin on 020 7099 2621 to request a place. The deadline for registration is Tuesday 20 October.
The venue for the event is 160 Kensington High Street, London W8 7RG. The evening will begin with registration, welcome drinks and networking from 18:00, and the presentations will start at 18:30. The session, including Q&A and further networking, will end at around 20:00.