Exit strategy and implementation
Exit your business at the right time, for the right amount, and paying the minimum tax.
If you are thinking of selling your business, how can you make sure you do it at the right time, for the right amount, and paying the minimum tax? TCii helps companies to identify and/or implement exit strategies that will achieve the maximum return on their business within a target time frame.
Nine steps to a successful exit strategy
When you decide to sell your company, TCii can take you through all the steps needed to devise and implement the ideal exit strategy:
- valuing the business today
- identifying actions to optimise the value of the business
- positioning the business for sale
- agreeing on the process and timing of the sale
- establishing acceptable post-sale “tie-in” requirements
- locating and negotiating with the right buyer
- structuring the deal to minimise tax payable on the sale
- drawing up a robust contract and conditions of sale
- preparing a post-sale strategy.
Why consult TCii about your exit strategy?
Our role is to help you develop the best strategy for exiting your business by enabling you to make the right decisions at every step. We will challenge your thinking and help you to explore all available options before you take action on this crucial issue. We will also access specialist advice from our strategic partners as and when necessary.
Meanwhile, you can continue to run your business without being distracted by the exit process.
Benefits of a well-thought-out exit strategy
Drawing on expert strategic advice when selling your business will help you to make your exit more profitable:
- Positioning a company for sale is likely to result in improved business performance, which enhances the probable sale value of the business.
- Finding the right buyer for your business – possibly one who was not actively considering a purchase – increases the sale value of the company.
- Paying less tax on the sale of your business leaves you with more funds.
- You exit from your business at the right time, for the right selling price, and paying the minimum tax.
Exit strategy case study
“Sell up and maximise your return” explains how we helped a travel agency owner sell his business for 28% more than he expected.
Next steps to the perfect exit strategy
Thinking about selling your business? Then call us on 020 7099 2621 or email us for more information on how we can help you plan and implement your exit strategy for the best return.
Also see our guidance on assessing and maximising the value of your company and succession planning.