Not too long ago, a strong CEO could singlehandedly steer a company to the heights of corporate success. In today’s accelerated markets, however, no CEO (or business) can survive very long without a competent management team made up of highly skilled senior managers. Similarly, in bygone eras, key executives could get ahead merely by excelling in their technical or functional areas. Today, however, the position of key executive demands a lot more.
Professional success profile
The role of the key executive has expanded dramatically over the past few decades. The secret to becoming a more effective key executive involves understanding your role in the company beyond your functional skills and abilities.
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Sales – making the step change for the smaller company”
– our August White Paper offers practical growth tips
“Restructuring finances results in profitable growth”
– this month’s featured case study
“Strategy – the key issues for any CEO”
– our August Snapshot covers six key questions and five core tensions
“How to run an effective internship programme”
– an 11-point guide in our featured video
“The challenges of communication”
– guest author William Buist explains how to get your message across clearly