If you want to make the next 12 months more successful, more profitable and more productive than the last 12 months, these 10 strategies are for you.
By the way, this list isn’t just for a new calendar year – you can revisit this list at any time and create a real turning point in your business if you’re willing to reboot, reinvigorate, and reimagine your business success.
- List the 3 most important objectives for your business over the next year. These should be critical “big picture” accomplishments that will lead to profits and future achievement.
- For each objective listed above, identify your responsibility in achieving the objective. What will you do? How will you do it? When will you do it?
- Be crystal clear in separating strategies (how and why items) from tactics (what and when items) and use “verb-noun-date” format to create specific action steps and put them on your calendar.
- Don’t think of the year as a whole. Break it down to monthly metrics and put quarterly goal-planning reviews on your calendar so that you can adjust the dials on your plan, measure results, and take a strategic look at your marketing, sales and business development activities every 90 days while keeping a close eye on results (profits, clients, projects, revenue) every 30 days.
- Don’t go it alone. Remember, lone wolves starve to death. Think of partners, advocates, allies, referral sources and joint venture partners who can help you leapfrog over obstacles and who are a great supplement and complement to your own products and services. Contact them and build (or grow) your relationship with them so that you can collaborate more closely – starting right now.
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Business continuity in a recession”
– as the double-dip looms, our November White Paper spotlights operational risk
“Crisis management helps a company to cope with the sudden death of its CEO”
– this month’s featured case study
“Tips for productively working from home”
– our latest Snapshot outlines seven ways to avoid getting sidetracked
“Competitive advantage and USPs”
– if you’re not sure what yours are, watch our November video
“Generous leaders win in the end”
– guest author Gary Coulton, CEO of Adaptive Intelligence Consulting, explains why