Before commencing any influencing activity, you will need complete clarity on a number of points. The following checklist should ensure that nothing will be overlooked.
1. What is the situation?
- What am I seeking to achieve?
- Why am I pursuing it?
- What will the outcomes be?
- How will I know when the task is complete?
2. Who is involved?
- Who will the activity/outcome affect?
- Do I fully understand the ramifications?
- What will their reaction be?
- Who else do I need to involve?
- Whose support do I need to get?
3. What is the task?
- How will I go about it?
- Is there a sequence to be followed?
- When do I need to start?
- What are the priorities?
- Are there milestones/deadlines to be tracked?
- Should I consider alternative approaches?
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Business continuity in a recession”
– as the double-dip looms, our November White Paper spotlights operational risk
“Crisis management helps a company to cope with the sudden death of its CEO”
– this month’s featured case study
“Tips for productively working from home”
– our latest Snapshot outlines seven ways to avoid getting sidetracked
“Competitive advantage and USPs”
– if you’re not sure what yours are, watch our November video
“Generous leaders win in the end”
– guest author Gary Coulton, CEO of Adaptive Intelligence Consulting, explains why