What can your salespeople do to increase your pipeline with qualified leads? The simple answer is to spend more time:
- networking with friends, colleagues and acquaintances
- attending industry/trade meetings and walking the floor
- securing speaking engagements at local and regional associations or interest groups
- cold and warm telephone prospecting
- direct mail/email/fax prospecting followed up with direct telephone calls.
The most effective way to build one’s pipeline is to engage in a multitouchpoint campaign combining direct mail introduction and phone calls.
Why a multi-touch-point campaign?
Under what circumstances will prospects accept a telephone call from a salesperson? There has been much research on the subject. The results from one recent survey are shown below.
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Business continuity in a recession”
– as the double-dip looms, our November White Paper spotlights operational risk
“Crisis management helps a company to cope with the sudden death of its CEO”
– this month’s featured case study
“Tips for productively working from home”
– our latest Snapshot outlines seven ways to avoid getting sidetracked
“Competitive advantage and USPs”
– if you’re not sure what yours are, watch our November video
“Generous leaders win in the end”
– guest author Gary Coulton, CEO of Adaptive Intelligence Consulting, explains why