In order to remain competitive and stay on top of marketplace changes, CEOs and key executives need to commit to investing in their own leadership development.
Recently conducted research showed that CEOs from small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) are focused on decisions and investments related to business optimisation. To fully capitalise on these investments, a CEO also needs to make leadership development a priority.
Below are the top five questions you need to consider.
1. Are you developing your skills across a broad range of functional areas?
CEOs are at the centre of business decisions that cross multiple functions, from IT and finance to marketing and sales to operations and management. Staying at the forefront of each of these disciplines is an enormous task, which is why leaders must constantly find small ways to broaden their capabilities in diverse areas.
Consider training opportunities that give you access to the latest insights about issues such as building a strong culture, making strategic investments, executing on a strategy, and communicating effectively with teams.
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Sales operations and the impact of strategy”
– our October White Paper will help you meet the sales challenge
“Sales, marketing and profit for an electronics company”
– this month’s featured case study
“Four tips for calculating business value – and why it matters”
– join the seller elite with the aid of our October Snapshot
“How improved CRM boosted a company’s profits”
– this video describes steps you can take in your own business
“Joint venture business models – an overview”
– guest author Andrew James explains the options