In order to remain competitive and stay on top of marketplace changes, CEOs and key executives need to commit to investing in their own leadership development.
Recently conducted research showed that CEOs from small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) are focused on decisions and investments related to business optimisation. To fully capitalise on these investments, a CEO also needs to make leadership development a priority.
Below are the top five questions you need to consider.
1. Are you developing your skills across a broad range of functional areas?
CEOs are at the centre of business decisions that cross multiple functions, from IT and finance to marketing and sales to operations and management. Staying at the forefront of each of these disciplines is an enormous task, which is why leaders must constantly find small ways to broaden their capabilities in diverse areas.
Consider training opportunities that give you access to the latest insights about issues such as building a strong culture, making strategic investments, executing on a strategy, and communicating effectively with teams.
Sign up to our newsletter
– to stay up to date and gain access to regular bulletins, news and our insight on current events
IN OUR LATEST NEWSLETTER
“Setting up a good credit control system”
– our April White Paper will help you convert your sales into cash
“Establishing a supply chain function gets stock under control”
– this month’s featured case study
“Are you investing in your own leadership?”
– our April Snapshot sets out the top five questions to consider
“How to get the best out of business mentoring”
– our video on the principles and the benefits for both mentors and mentees
“Are partnerships an effective business growth strategy?”
– guest author Andrew Newton explains how to avoid the pitfalls and build trust